Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhani is a very delicious curry recipe where tandoori chicken cooked in butter and tomato. At first, marinate chicken pieces and roast in a pan or grill in an oven or cook in a tandoor. Then make sauce with tomato, ginger-garlic and spices.
Best Butter Chicken Recipe | ढाबा स्टाइल बटर चिकन | Butter Chicken at home | Murgh Makhani
Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhani is a very delicious curry recipe where tandoori chicken cooked in butter and tomato.
At first, cut chicken pieces into cubes.
Then marinate chicken pieces with Curd, Ginger-garlic paste, Lemon juice, Kasuri methi, Salt, Turmeric powder, Garam masala powder, Red chili powder and Sunflower oil.
Keep marinated chicken for at least 1 hr.
Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and roast marinated chicken pieces until brown.
Remove fried chicken and keep it in a bowl.
Making Butter Chicken-
Now add 1 tbsp oil & butter in the remaining oil. And add cinnamon, cardamom & cloves.
Then add onion- ginger- garlic paste, salt and fry for 2 mins on low flame.
Now add tomato paste and fry for another 2 mins on low flame.
Then add red chili powder, garam masala powder & kasuri methi. Mix well.
Now add water and mix well.
When water starts to boil, add fried chicken pieces.
Cover the pan and cook for 10 mins on low flame.
Now Butter Chicken is ready.
Garnish with fresh cream, chopped coriander leaves, butter and serve with Tandoori Roti or Naan. Enjoy!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 220
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 15.9g25%
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8g1%
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g4%
- Protein 17.2g35%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at slow cooking.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 15 minutes for better taste.