Bhatura is a fluffy deep-fried bread of Punjabi cuisine, prepared with all-purpose flour and yogurt. It serves as breakfast recipe and goes well with chole masala.
Bhatura Recipe | How to Make Bhatura | Bhatura for Chole Bhatura
Bhatura is a fluffy deep-fried bread of Punjabi cuisine, prepared with all-purpose flour and yogurt.
In a sieve, sift maida, salt & baking soda.Bhatura can become fluffy if use little oil and baking soda to make the dough.
Then add sooji, sugar and yogurt.You have to knead the flour with fresh yogurt.
Now mix well with the help of spoon.The mixture should be uniform
Then add water and make a dough. Rest for 2 hrs.Keep the dough in a warm place covered with a cold cloth for 2–3 hours until doubles due to fermentation.
Now make 5 round balls from the dough.
Take 1 ball, dust with oil and roll into medium size poori.Use little oil for making the roll instead of using atta or Maida.
Now heat oil in a frying pan and fry bhatura until it turns light golden.
Now Bhaturas are ready and serve. Enjoy!
Serving Size 125
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 128.91
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 14.01g22%
- Saturated Fat 0.92g5%
- Cholesterol 0.03mg1%
- Sodium 824.79mg35%
- Total Carbohydrate 1.29g1%
- Sugars 1.29g
- Protein 0.02g1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at deep fry method.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 10 minutes for better taste.