Chili Paneer is a popular Indo-Chinese recipe which is prepared by fried paneer in chili sauce with diced capsicum and onion. It is a perfect combination with Fried Rice or Naan. It can be served as starter or appetizer on special occasions or parties. I love Indo-Chinese food, so most times I make Chili Paneer or Chili Chicken or Chili Gobi. All are very tasty and simply delicious. Chili Paneer recipe is very easy to make at home and home version is healthier too. Because in restaurant, they are using MSG and megadose of MSG may cause harm for health.
Chili Paneer | Restaurant Style Dry Chili Paneer | Paneer Recipe
Chili Paneer is a popular Indo-Chinese recipe which is prepared by fried paneer in chili sauce with diced capsicum and onion.
For making batter -
For making chili paneer -
At first, cut paneer pieces into 1 inch cube size.I used fresh paneer because it improves the taste. If you use frozen Paneer, then it should be kept into worm water at least for 30 minutes.
Then dice capsicum and onion. Chop green chilies, garlic and ginger.
Now take a small bowl, add ¼ cup water and 1 tbsp cornflour. Mix well and keep it aside for later use.
Then make a smooth Ginger-garlic paste in a mixer grinder.
Now take a large bowl and mix together Maida, cornflour, water, pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt. Make a smooth batter.The density of the batter to prepared for this recipe should be maintained properly in order to keep proper thickness of the coating on paneer.
Then add cubed paneer pieces and gently mix with the batter.
Keep aside for 2 hrs.
Now heat oil in a pan and fry all the marinated paneer pieces until it turns golden colour.
Remove in a flat plate and set aside for later use.
Making Chili Paneer
Then in the remaining oil, add chopped garlic, ginger and green chilies.
Now add diced capsicum and onion pieces. Cook for 5 min on low flame.
Then add vinegar, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, red chili powder, pepper powder. Mix well.
Now add fried paneer pieces and mix well with the masala.
Then add cornflour water mixture and mix well. Cook for 5 min on low flame.
Now it is ready to serve and serve with any main dish. Enjoy!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 194.63
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 12.47g20%
- Saturated Fat 4.26g22%
- Cholesterol 18.75mg7%
- Sodium 803.33mg34%
- Total Carbohydrate 17.07g6%
- Dietary Fiber 4.93g20%
- Sugars 5.91g
- Protein 7.7g16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at slow cooking method.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 10 minutes for better taste.