Fish fry is an authentic Bengali recipe which means a crispy fried boneless fish where fish is marinated with masala and fried with breadcrumbs. It is a very popular street food in Kolkata, west Bengal. It is a perfect evening snacks with a cup of tea or coffee. It is also used as a starter in parties, festival or any occasions.
Fish Fry Recipe | Bhetki Fish Fry | Fish cutlet with Bhetki | Kolkata street food
Fish fry is an authentic Bengali recipe which means a crispy fried boneless fish where fish is marinated with masala and fried with breadcrumbs.
At first, clean fish fillets thoroughly & pat dry with kitchen towel.
Then make a smooth paste with onion, ginger, garlic, green chili & little water.
Now marinate the fish fillets with onion-ginger-garlic paste, black pepper powder, salt & lemon juice.
Cover and keep it at least 1 hr.
Now take two eggs into a bowl and whish them.
Then take eggs mixture, maida in one plate & breadcrumbs in another plate.
Now take one marinated fish fillet and 1st coat with maida.
Then dip into eggs mixture.
Last coat with breadcrums.
Keep it for 30 mins.
Now heat oil in a deep frying pan & fry fish fillets until it turns brown.
Remove in a plate.
Now Fish Fry is ready to serve and serve with green chili sauce or kasundi. Enjoy!
Serving Size 80g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 157
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 15.1g24%
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6g2%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Protein 14.2g29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at deep fry.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 10 minutes for better taste.