Palak Paneer is one of the most popular North Indian dish which is made with paneer in a thick spinach paste. It is typically spiced with onion, ginger, garlic, tomato, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. It can be served as side dish with Roti, Naan, Parathas or Rice.
Palak Paneer | Punjabi Palak Paneer | Paneer Recipes
Palak Paneer is one of the most popular North Indian dish which is made with paneer in a thick spinach paste.
At first, boil palak in a pressure cooker with 320 ml water.
Now heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and fry paneer pieces. Remove & keep it on a plate.
Then fry chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chili and chopped tomato.
Now wash boiled palak with chilled water.This process is called blanching the spinach. Blanching cleanses the dirt, stops enzyme actions, brightens the colour and prevents loss of vitamins.
Then add palak and fried onion-ginger-garlic-tomato-green chili on a mixer grinder.
Make a smooth paste and keep aside for later use.
Now in the remaining oil, add more oil and cumin seeds.
When it sizzles, add onion-ginger-garlic-green chili-tomato-palak paste and fry for 2 mins.
After that, add salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and fry for 2 mins again.
Then add curd and mix well.
Now add fried paneer cubes and fry for another 2 mins.
Then add water and mix well.
Cover & cook on the low flame until the gravy turns thick gravy.
Now palak paneer is ready.
Serve it with roti, naan, kulcha or rice of your choice. Enjoy!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 177
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 14.3g22%
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1g3%
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g9%
- Protein 6g12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at slow cooking.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 10 minutes for better taste.