Paneer Jhalfrezi If you are someone who loves eating paneer, then you should certainly try this delicious Paneer Jhalfrezi recipe. It’s a traditional North Indian recipe that you can prepare for your loved ones on special occasions and festivals. Also, if you are bored with common paneer recipes, then this recipe will change your views about paneer. Try this easy recipe and enjoy with your loved ones!
Paneer Jalfrezi | How to Make Restaurant Style Jalfrezi | Paneer Recipe
Paneer Jhalfrezi is a North Indian recipe which made with paneer, veggies like capsicum, carrot, onion and spices.
At first, cut paneer into 2 inch lengthwise.Fresh or homemade Paneer are very soft and it enhances the taste. If use frozen paneer, keep in the hot water for 15 min before cooking.
Then cut carrot, capsicum, tomato into 2 inch lengthwise and slice onion finely.
Now chop tomato finely.
Then make a fine paste with chopped tomato and little amount of water in a mixer grinder.
Now make a fine paste with ginger, garlic and little amount of water in a mixer grinder.
Keep paneer pieces into warm water for 30 mins.Before cooking, immerse paneer in the boiling water to make it soft and spongy.
Now heat oil in a deep non-stick pan on the medium flame and add cumin seeds, sliced onions. Sauté sliced onion till it turns brown color.
After that, add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 mins.
When raw smell goes away, add tomato paste and fry for another 2 mins.
Then add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
Now add carrot and capsicum pieces. Mix well with the masala and fry for 2 mins.
Then add 1 cup water and mix well.
Cover the pan and cook for 10 mins.
Then add sliced tomato and paneer cubes.
Cover the pan again and cook until the gravy turns into thick gravy.
Then add few chopped coriander leaves. Fry for 1 min again.
Now Paneer Jhalfrezi is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Serving Size 100g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 135
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 9.5g15%
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7g2%
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g7%
- Protein 7.3g15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at medium heat.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 15 minutes for better taste.