Paneer Tikka Recipe is a famous North Indian appetizer where paneer, onion, capsicum, tomato is marinated with yogurt, spices. Basically, it cooked in a tandoor (cylindrical clay oven). But it can be made in a gas oven or a grill oven. It will surely be a treat to your taste buds and will take you on a ride of authentic Indian flavours.
Grilled Paneer Tikka | How to Make Restaurant Style Paneer Tikka | Paneer Recipe
Paneer Tikka Recipe is a famous North Indian appetizer where paneer, onion, capsicum, tomato is marinated with yogurt, spices and cooked in a tandoor (cylindrical clay oven).
Preparation for Marination
Cutting Paneer & Veg
At first, cut paneer, capsicum, onion, tomato into cubes.
Make a smooth paste with ginger, garlic in a mixer grinder.
Take a large bowl and add paneer, capsicum, onion, tomato, curd, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, amchur masala, chat masala, pepper powder, garam masala powder, besan, salt, lemon juice, mustard oil.When add paneer, handle with care because they may break. Here I am using fresh paneer. If use frozen paneer, keep it on the warm water for 30 min before using. Avoid using runny curd with whey because runny curd will come out on the tray when grilling.
Mix well and keep it aside for 1 hr.Marinated paneer does not keep longer time. If keep longer time, paneer pieces will break.
Preparation for Grilling
Put marinated paneer, capsicum, onion, tomato one by one in a skewer.
Now prepare the grill oven.
Place the skewers on the grill oven.
Apply butter over the paneer tikkas.Butter shall be applied intermittently to make the paneer & other vegetables juicy.
Flip the skewers time to time.Avoid burning flip the skewers every 5 mins.
Grill until it is fully done.Avoid overcooking otherwise paneer becomes rubbery, chewy and hard.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 265.68
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 18.56g29%
- Saturated Fat 7.34g37%
- Cholesterol 34.2mg12%
- Sodium 2251.52mg94%
- Total Carbohydrate 17.87g6%
- Dietary Fiber 3.22g13%
- Sugars 9.01g
- Protein 9.78g20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at grilling method.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 10 minutes for better taste.