Semai or Vermicelli Kheer is a traditional Indian dessert recipe which is made with Semai or Vermicelli, milk, cashew, raisins, ghee. It is an easy and quick recipe and it can be served on any occasion and festival.
Semai Recipe | Vermicelli Kheer | Semiya Payasam | Easy Dessert in 20 min
Semai or Vermicelli Kheer is a traditional Indian dessert recipe which is made with Semai or Vermicelli, milk, cashew, raisins, ghee.
At first, heat ghee in a kadai.
Then add cashew, raisins and fry until it turns light brown. Remove and keep aside.
Add semai in the remaining ghee and roast for 2 min until it turns golden brown.
Now add warm milk and mix well.
Then add bay leaf, green cardamom, sugar, some amount of roasted cashew & raisin (keep few for garnishing).
Cook for 10 min on low flame until the milk is thick and creamy in texture.
Now Semai or Vermicelli Kheer is ready.
Garnish with the rest amount of roasted cashew and raisins. Enjoy!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 332.76
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 2.61g5%
- Saturated Fat 1.29g7%
- Cholesterol 5.02mg2%
- Sodium 15.38mg1%
- Total Carbohydrate 79.73g27%
- Dietary Fiber 1.28g6%
- Sugars 70.3g
- Protein 1.89g4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at slow cooking method.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 10 minutes for better taste.