Tandoori Chicken is a popular starter recipe which is originated from the Mughlai cuisine. Basically, this recipe is prepared by roasting chicken marinated with yogurt, spices in a tandoor (cylindrical clay oven). But it can be made in a gas oven or a grill oven.
Tandoori Chicken Restaurant Style | Grilled Chicken Recipe | How to make Chicken Tandoori
Tandoori Chicken is a popular recipe of Mughlai cuisine, prepared by roasting chicken marinated with yogurt, spices in a tandoor (cylindrical clay oven).
At first, make a smooth paste with ginger, garlic in a mixer grinder.
Cut deep slashes into chicken with the help of knife.Chicken leg pieces are suitable for making tandoori chicken. Chicken breasts may become hard and spices may not go inside the chicken beasts. If you use chicken breasts then you have to flatten before marinating it.
Then take a large bowl and mix together with yogurt, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chat masala, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, mustard oil, kasuri methi.The density of the marinade should be thick, otherwise it will let out on the grill pan.
Now marinate the chicken and keep it aside for at least 6 hrs.Overnight marination works great. It gives the unique taste to the chicken.
Now prepare grill oven.
Place marinated chicken pieces on the grill rack.
Apply butter on the pieces.Marinated chicken must be polish with butter on the oven frequently to give it a juicy texture. It is better to apply butter instead of ghee or oil.
Flip chicken pieces time to time.Flip the chicken pieces time to time for avoiding hard burning.
Grill until the chicken becomes soft.If you don’t have a grill, use microwave oven or gas oven.
Now Tandoori Chicken is ready and serve. Enjoy!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 280.36
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 16.71g26%
- Saturated Fat 3.43g18%
- Cholesterol 45.05mg16%
- Sodium 17760.15mg741%
- Total Carbohydrate 19.73g7%
- Dietary Fiber 5.85g24%
- Sugars 6.68g
- Protein 17.26g35%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only and not certified by the nutritionist or registered dietitian. Any nutritional information on this site should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Cook this recipe at grilling method.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste.
- After cooking, wait for at least 10 minutes for better taste.